Above: Select the required shipyard by using the initial letter of the Surname eg: Eltringham, Hepple or Rennoldson.
KEY BELOW: D / H / P (D = basic dimensions are shown; H = a history is given; P = one or more photographs are available)
Shipbuilder: Smiths Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (1899 - 1910)
T & W Smith ceased shipbuilding in 1890 and reformed the company as Smith's Dry Dock Co Ltd to carry on ship repair work only.|
In August 1898 the yard merged with HS Edwards & Sons, who had repair yards at both North & South Shields, and Edwards Brothers, who were shipbuilders in North Shields, to become Smith's Dock Co Ltd. The company continued with both shipbuilding & shiprepair until 1910 when they decided to concentrate on shiprepair at North Shields and shipbuilding at South Bank on the Tees.