Lawson & Eltringham, South Shields
According to "A list of Shipbuilders of the Tyne" by P Dawson, Lawson and Eltringham commenced trading in 1883 and continued to 1886.
They were based at Salmon's Quay and Shadwell Street in South Shields.
The firm was a limited partnership between Thomas Lawson and JT Eltringham, for the design and building of the tug EL SIGLO.
They also built another four vessels.
The following is a list of tugs built by Lawson & Eltringham at South Shields: