Tyneside Tug Builders in alphabetical order of Surname
Gaddy & Lamb, Gateshead
A yard is shown on Wood’s Plan of Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead (1827) with the annotation ‘Robson and Gray’. In the mid-19th century the yard was run by the partners David Gaddy and Lewis Lamb. Map evidence shows that the yard remained in use over the rest of the 19th century until well into the 20th century. On the 1st edition Ordnance Survey plan of the area the yard contains two slipways which run almost parallel with the course of the river and launch downstream. There is a saw pit at the north western edge of the yard, but few buildings are apparent. The yard location is also referred to as Tyne Main, Co Durham.
of 1889 shows the location of the yard, with a section of the River Tyne, East Gateshead at the bottom and Friar's Goose clearly marked.
The following is a list of tugs built by Gaddy & Lamb, Gateshead:
| YdNo || Year || Name |
| || 1847 ||Cardiff Castle|
| || 1892 || Browns |
| || 1892 || Margaret |
| || 1892 || Nentwater |
| || 1892 || Pladda |
| || 1894 || Five Brothers |